Table of Contents
- 1 Phenocal Ingredients
- 2 Phenocal Claims
- 3 Phenocal Guarantees
- 4 How Much Does Phenocal Cost?
- 5 How to Take Phenocal
- 6 Does Phenocal Work?
- 7 PROS
- 8 CONS
- 9 Is Phenocal a Scam, or is it worth the money?
- 10 What Are The Side Effects Of Phenocal?
- 11 Phenocal Concerns
- 12 Phenocal Customer Reviews
- 13 Where to Buy Phenocal?
- 14 Final Decision On Phenocal
Phenocal is a weight-loss pill manufactured by Pharmaxa Labs, located in Florida, USA. According to its website, this product will increase your energy levels, suppress your appetite, and make you stay healthy overall.
The details on this product are overstated on the website. Phenocal has poor reviews and there is a chance that it will drain your wallet as it is not cheap. Based on the results we have seen, the product might not be worth your time.
There are actually a lot of ingredients in Phenocal. The container specifies what is the percent of the RDA. You can check those specific details on Phenocal’s official website. The amount in grams specified corresponds to a serving size of 3 capsules.
- Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine HCL) (10 mg): Helps transform starches and sugars into useful energy.
- Vitamin B5 (as Calcium Pantothenate) (10 mg): Antioxidant specialized in breaking down fats, alleviate stress, and improve athletic performance.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) (6 mg): Has a key role in many metabolic processes.
- Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin) (5 mg): Essential to for burning fat and producing energy.
- Vitamin B12 (as Hydroxocobalamin) (50 mcg): Helps use energy more efficiently.
- Biotin (50 mcg): It helps break down food into energy for the body to use it.
- Chromium (Picolinate) (100 mcg): Studies suggest it might help suppress cravings.
- Folic Acid (50 mcg): Assists the body to burn fat into useful energy.
- Fucoxanthin (100 mg): It is thought to boost metabolism.
- Glucomannan: Lowers glucose and fat levels, provides a sensation of fullness, and aids in optimizing bowel functions.
- Cocoa extract (standardized for phenylalanine, tyramine, 10% theobromine): It can help improve energy, increase alertness and decrease appetite.
- Hoodia Gordonii: This plant is used to suppress hunger.
- L-Tyrosine: Amino acid that works to boost metabolism.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Thought to suppress appetite and promote fat burning through its Hydroxycitric Acid content.
- Coleus Forskohlii: More studies are needed to confirm its role in fat-burning.
- Evodiamine: Thought to boost metabolism with a higher release of energy and fat burning through thermogenesis.
- L-Tryptophan: Essential amino acid in charge of mood and general well-being.
- Green Tea leaf extract (Camellia sinensis, 80% catechins, 60% EGCG): Teeming with antioxidants to help your system and boost energy.
- 5 HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan): Thought to help cardiac obese patients.
- Yerba Mate: This plant is native to subtropical South America.
- Bioperine®: It increases the bioavailability of substances to optimally deliver to the truck.
- CLA: Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) has a clinical prescription and aids the process of burning fat into useful energy.
On its main tenet, Phenocal manufacturers claim that the product will decrease your appetite and increase your energy.
Straight from the website, this product says it will:
- “Help to suppress and control your appetite throughout the day to make cutting calories that much easier.
- Assist with the elimination of food cravings so you will be less tempted to snack on unhealthy junk foods.
- Attack weight loss from all angles to deliver extremely powerful results Give you the extra boost you need to kick-start your weight loss and reach your fitness goals”
I must add that the product also claims to help you look fantastic!
Phenocal offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. Once you go to the Shop Now section, you are presented with the following statement:
“Your happiness with our product is our #1 priority. And that’s why we offer you our No-Nonsense 100% Money-Back Guarantee! You’re invited to try your purchase of Phenocal™ for a full 60 days. … How can we provide this sort of exceptional guarantee? …because we are extremely confident that you will be 100% delighted with your purchase. Our guarantee contains no fine print or misleading terms. … if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply contact us within 60 days of your purchase date and return the remaining portion of your bottle of Phenocal™ and you will receive a prompt 100% refund of the product’s purchase price.”
It is actually nice of them to recognize that products will not have the same effect on everyone, which is why they offer this risk-free option. There is no clarity though as to which is the address where your returns must be mailed.
Before purchasing, maybe you want to clear the air with a customer service representative and save some unsavory experience in the future. For example, you will need to return the bottle, empty or with whatever number of pills are left, through Priority Mail. This is something you will pay for.
Then, you must return it with the original packaging the product came with, so make sure you save it! There are at least other 8 requirements that you will be informed about only when you file for a refund. Consider yourself warned.
How Much Does Phenocal Cost?
The regular price for one bottle with 150 capsules is $69.99. Amazon sells them at $79.99. On the website, however, there is an offer with $30 off, leaving it a price of $39.85.
However, if you buy a 3-bottle supply, you can get three bottles at $119.62 and a green bottle of green tea energizer.
How to Take Phenocal
Take 3 capsules twice a day with a full glass of water. One dose of three pills in the morning around 15 minutes before breakfast and then 4 hours later, right before your mid-afternoon meal.
Does Phenocal Work?
Phenocal is one of those supplements that have the tendency of shifting towards those few users that actually see results. Granted, their claim for the guarantee is that they understand that the product will indeed not work the same for everyone. But when you have so many negative reviews one must stop to consider if the exception has become the rule.
Based on the ingredients alone, it is hard to predict if it will work. The keyword here is the proper amount. We do not have enough information on the exact amount of some ingredients. This could be useful to make a better assessment to see if Phenocal actually works.
- It offers 60-day money-back guarantee
- Not a scam
- It has poor reviews
- It is expensive
- It has side-effects
Is Phenocal a Scam, or is it worth the money?
Phenocal is not a scam, at least I cannot presume that it intentionally is. Based on people’s experience this is what I can collect.
In the majority of experiences, Phenocal did very little to nothing in helping people curb their hunger, which is what they were going after. Also, when it came to losing weight, some users reported having actually gained weight. But I think we can chalk that to not eating properly and hoping Phenocal would do the miracle.
One thing that Phenocal seems to be pretty effective at is giving an energy boost. However, it does this thanks to its heavy caffeine content, which might even cause some heart-racing issues in some.
When it comes to money, I do not believe Phenocal is worth the price nor the risk. Speaking of scam, some users have reported that the manufacturers are not especially eager to give you your money back, so there is that. You will probably have to go through verbal fencing with them to ultimately get nothing but a bunch of pills you will have to render useless.
Let’s crunch down the numbers a bit. You need to take 6 pills a day according to the recommended dose. A bottle with 150 pills at $39.85, makes the cost of each equal to $0.27, which means that you will be taking the equivalent of $1.60 per day. You will have to replenish your stash every 25 days. Of course, you can also take the other deals of three and five bottles to add value to your purchase.
What Are The Side Effects Of Phenocal?
Each one of the ingredients found in Phenocal is a good source of nutrients. The problem with some of them is that, if taken in excess, they can be harmful. Since we do not know what is the amount of all ingredients, it is hard to tell if they will have such harmful effects.
Nevertheless, we can still create a list with some side-effects. Glucomannan can pose a choking risk, so make sure you drink plenty of water.
Other side effects that can derive from using Phenocal are:
- Upset stomach
- Allergic reaction
So far, we have found some inconsistencies with the ingredients and with customer service. These are some concerns about this product:
- The 60-day worry-free guarantee is really impressive but will this company really honor it? This is probably not a no-questions-asked kind of deal but I cannot be sure.
- Some things are not told by the company regarding the ingredients and some other shady stuff.
- The website overstates the properties and advantages of the ingredients.
Phenocal Customer Reviews
Customer reviews are mixed between those who even consider it a scam and those that saw no results at all.
Here are some of the reviews across the site and other sellers.
“I guess I was hoping for a miracle pill, but I had such headaches from the product I had to quit taking it. Not worth a stroke.”
“(I) just ordered Oct 19 tried for two days and I am hungrier than before, puts me to sleep, legs feel like they are weighted down, and I don’t have any burst of energy like before. I wish I had read before I went online to buy the African mango which gave me super energy and controlled my eating desire, seen their advertising and gave this a try looks like they won’t refund have not called yet but this product is not working. (I’m) putting (it) on (the) shelf.”
“I have used this for a month. Did not lose any weight, but didn’t gain any. Will try for another month.Go to the gym periodically”
“After menopause, even with exercising a lot – I was approaching a weight I could not handle. This product, combined with tabata bootcamp or interval training exercises and a good diet helped me to lose 15 lbs and get down to my college weight. But you have to do all 3 – take it, workout with high intensity, and watch what you eat. Think of it as an “assistant”. I also feel great, have more muscle mass and less fat altogether.”
Where to Buy Phenocal?
Phenocal can only be purchased online. If you purchase directly from the website, you get the following options:
- 1 bottle containing 150 capsules (includes 1 free bottle of Green Tea Energizer): $39.85
- 3 bottles (includes 1 free bottle of Green Tea Energizer):$119.62
- 5 bottles (includes 1 free bottle of Green Tea Energizer): $199.36
You can also buy 1 bottle with 150 capsules at $79.99.
Final Decision On Phenocal
Phenocal makes it hard to determine if it really works since the amounts of important ingredients are not specified. This makes the whole thing a bit shady.
Now, the product does not really seem to have any major effect on helping you lose weight or help curb hunger. At least not in the majority of users who have given feedback. It does work if you want an energy lift.
Most users did not see any important change. In fact, some reported having gained weight. But, as we mentioned before, this could be caused by blind reliability on the product working by itself. On this regard, be reminded that a supplement does precisely that, meaning that you should keep eating healthy and making regular exercise.
The effects of the ingredients in Phenocal are blown out of proportion and there is not enough clinical evidence that they will work the way they do. You are not likely to lose weight with this product.
If you change your eating habits and exercise yourself, this will have a much greater effect on your weight loss than what Penocal would. For that matter, you can omit it altogether and spare yourself unwanted side effects.
On the other hand, there is a chance it might work for you. If you are lucky, consider the investment this will represent.